Getting Started with Adobe Lightroom
What You'll Learn
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom enables you to import, organize, process, and output your photos all from within a single application. It was developed specifically to meet the multiple needs of digital photographers like you - at less than half the cost of Photoshop!
If you struggle to manage ever-increasing numbers of captured images, this workshop is for you! We'll explore Lightroom's intuitive controls for organizing photos and perfecting their tone, color and sharpness.
This workshop will cover:
- Importing photos from your camera, hard drive, and as a migration from other applications
- Organizing your images in the Library module
- Basics of processing pictures in the Develop module
- Exporting photos from Lightroom
- Since Adobe now bundles Lightroom with Photoshop in the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, this class can clarify when and why you should take your photos from Lightroom into Photoshop. And when not to do so.
Presented in Lightroom 5, but much of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
What to Expect
- As this is a beginner's level workshop, there is only time enough for a *quick* overview of the Map, Book, Slideshow, Print, and Web Modules as the bulk of the time is on the most important modules: Library and Develop.
- As a lecture-style workshop, we do not encourage bringing your computer to "follow along" in the Photoshop program as there is no time to help with individual navigate via their own computers.
- Moving to Lightroom from other software solutions is a detailed and time consuming task and this workshop does *not* cover how to do that in detail as the variations and individual needs are endless.
Who Should Take This
Digital photographers of any experience level who are new to Lightroom and want an all-in-one solution for organizing and editing their photos.
Presented By Steve Gandy
Steve Gandy is an educator, trainer, technology support professional and life-long photographer. Steve has introduced the ins-and-outs of digital photography to students young and old since 1995 and has been involved in education since 1978. His photography is varied but he focuses on nature, travel, and sports. Steve has contributed to training books and websites on Photoshop Elements, StarOffice/OpenOffice and other educational topics. He leads photographic tours to the southern Utah canyon lands.