Getting Started with Adobe Dreamweaver
What You'll Learn
Adobe Dreamweaver is one of the best tools out there for building websites and learning web design, especially if you're a visual person! Dreamweaver produces functional and clean code while being easy to use, and is considered the industry standard for WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) HTML editors.
In this workshop, you'll get to know Dreamweaver's user interface and learn how to set up a website, as well as techniques for creating basic HTML pages.
This workshop will cover:
- Defining a new site using the Dreamweaver site manager
- Choosing one of Dreamweaver's built-in CSS template layouts
- The Dreamweaver interface
- Adding text, links, and images
- CSS styles to get the look you want
- Previewing work in browsers
- Publishing work via FTP
- Creating a Dreamweaver template for additional pages
Presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, but most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
Who Should Take This
Visually-oriented people who want to design a website but are more comfortable working with a graphical editor than straight code. If you've never used Dreamweaver before, or you've poked at it a little and have no idea what you're doing, this workshop is for you. You should understand the Fundamentals of Web Design first.
Presented By Brian Shaffer