Getting Started with Google Analytics
What You'll Learn
Google Analytics is a free tool which can show you everything you need to know about your web users, informing you which pages and online campaigns are most effective. This workshop focuses on training you on how to use Google Analytics to drive actionable insights from your data.
Starting with a little background on how web analytics works, we'll go over and show you how to install Google Analytics on your website. We'll then end with a walk-through of everything you'll need to know about the Google Analytics tool and how to make it work for you. You'll leave class with both knowledge and resources for further learning.
This class will cover...
- An overview of a typical Google Analytics implementation
- Important administrative settings you need to know
- A walkthrough of the Google Analytics interface and reporting
- How to interpret data and find actionable insights in your reports
- Helpful resources for advanced implementations
What Not to Expect
- Intro to web basics.
- Learning how to use the Google AdWords interface.
- Google Tag Manager implementation.
- Details on advanced Google Analytics topics like event tracking, data import, or custom dimensions.
- For Advanced Google Analytic topics, please see our Google Analytics: Beyond the Basics workshop.
Before you attend:
We recommend signing up for a free demo account before coming to this workshopp, in order to get the most out of it. Also, students should bring a laptop to get the most out of the class (follow along in the live demo if you choose + note taking).
Who Should Take This
Intermediate level web designers, developers, marketers, or business owners who want to know how web users interact with their sites. If you don't understand basic web terms, you should take Web Fundamentals first.
Presented By Toni Rosati
Toni Rosati is the Senior User Experience Researcher at Think Tank in Denver, CO. She honed her Google Analytics skills at ecommerce and SaaS companies. Prior to working in industry, Toni was a data curator in the environmental sciences at CU Boulder and NCAR. She is on the leadership teams for Analyze Boulder and the Denver Google Analytics Meetup.