Intermediate DSLR Video Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Unless you've been under the proverbial rock for the last few years, you've heard that video-capable DSLRs are creating a firestorm in the film and broadcasting communities for their ability to shoot footage similar to that of 35mm motion-picture film.
In this intermediate-level hands-on class, we will cover everything you need to take shooting video with a DSLR camera to the next level. We will explore the techniques and tricks to create properly-lit and exposed interviews with affordable lighting options and double-system sound.
This class will cover:
- Using a DSLR camera like a 35mm motion film camera rather than an HD video camera
- How to use a camera's histogram and RGB meters to give accurate exposure and white balance
- Using vintage (i.e. affordable) lenses on a modern DSLR
- Creating good methodologies for double-system sound
- Some very important - gotchas - in capturing video with still cameras and lenses
- Using basic and off-the-shelf lighting solutions, like tungsten. fluorescent, and LEDs
Who Should Take This
Filmmakers who are comfortable using a DSLR camera for basic video and are ready to take their skills to the next level. We recommend taking Introduction to DSLR Video first.
Presented By Brian Brown
Brian Brown has owned his own full-service video, audio, and motion-graphics production business, BrownCow Productions, since 2004. A "one-man show," he scripts, produces, shoots, and edits all of his own content. He regularly creates video and audio for the web, broadcast television, large events, and in-house corporate training. He also dabbles in composing his own songs. Brian is a daily user of Adobe's Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop applications, as well as Steinberg's Cubase.
BDA Members: $139.00
Sorry, we don't have this event scheduled right now but we'll probably be adding it again soon! If you're interested in this event, we recommend using our follow feature to be notified the next time we add it to our schedule. You can also email us to request that we add it soon.
Brian was knowledgable & addressed everyones' questions.KlaraRead All Comments