Adobe Photoshop For Photographers Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Using Adobe Photoshop, this workshop will teach you to master quick and efficient photo processing techniques for consistently professional results. If you want to go beyond Photoshop basics, this class will teach you more of the program's in-depth features made especially for digital photographers.
You'll go step-by-step through the instructor's tried and true photo-processing workflow using Adobe Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Bridge to take your photographs to the next level and shave hours off your processing time. Go home with a solid workflow plan and an understanding of how to get the most out of Photoshop for photography.
This class will cover:
- Bridge / Camera Raw / Photoshop workflow with emphasis on simplified photo processing in Camera Raw
- What Raw photos are, and why it makes sense to shoot Raw
- Importing photos from your digital camera the smart way
- Using Adobe Camera Raw to efficiently adjust Raw photos and JPEGs
- How and why to use Smart Objects in your photo workflow
- The best techniques for correcting your photos in Photoshop
- Non-destructive editing using Adjustment Layers
- Fine-tuning your photo editing with masks
- Working with editable Smart Filters
- Master sharpening
- Since Adobe now bundles Lightroom with Photoshop in the Creative Cloud Photography Plan. This class can clarify how to add Lightroom to a Photoshop workflow for photographers. And why you would want to do so.
Presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, but most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
What To Expect
- Moving to Photoshop from other software solutions is a detailed and time-consuming task and this workshop does *not* cover how to do that in detail as the variations and individual needs are endless.
Who Should Take This
Amateur and professional photographers with a basic understanding of the Photoshop interface, layers, and selections. You should take Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop first if you need those essentials.
Presented By Steve Gandy
Steve Gandy is an educator, trainer, technology support professional and life-long photographer. Steve has introduced the ins-and-outs of digital photography to students young and old since 1995 and has been involved in education since 1978. His photography is varied but he focuses on nature, travel, and sports. Steve has contributed to training books and websites on Photoshop Elements, StarOffice/OpenOffice and other educational topics. He leads photographic tours to the southern Utah canyon lands.
BDA Members: $249.00
This was an excellent class. Steve Gandy is an expert in his subject and as a photographer. He gave plenty of individual attention and concern for the individual needs of the students, his explanations were clear and well-demonstrated, and the use of computers to see the program operations was superb. Bravo.WarrenRead All Comments