Pro Tips for Easily Improving your YouTube Videos
What You'll Learn
Part of our Digital Essentials series, these fast-paced, 2-hour workshops are designed to introduce you to cutting-edge topics quickly and affordably. These workshops explore transformative tools, technologies and ideas that can truly empower you in work, life and creative pursuits.
YouTube is among the easiest and broadest means to push video content out to the masses. But what if you don't have the time and resources to amass thousands of dollars worth of gear and dozens of hours learning how to shoot and edit high-quality video to make your YouTube channel stand-out? This class offers a two-hour crash course in several simple techniques taught by a professional videographer to help your YouTube videos look and sound better.
The workshop will cover these topics:
- Pre-production tips to help you improve originality and content
- Outlines and scripting advice to focus your productions
- Making the best of filming locations at hand
- Inexpensive and simple pieces of equipment to make your videos look and sound better
- Lighting and sound advice
- Composition tips and cinematic rules to take your videos to the next level
- Some simple editing tips using free or almost-free software
- Using royalty-free music and sound effects to punch-up production-quality
Who Should Take This
Anyone shooting video for YouTube that wants to vastly improve their overall production value without piles of expensive gear.
Presented By Brian Brown
Brian Brown has owned his own full-service video, audio, and motion-graphics production business, BrownCow Productions, since 2004. A "one-man show," he scripts, produces, shoots, and edits all of his own content. He regularly creates video and audio for the web, broadcast television, large events, and in-house corporate training. He also dabbles in composing his own songs. Brian is a daily user of Adobe's Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop applications, as well as Steinberg's Cubase.
BDA Members: $30.00