Jobs & Opportunities at Boulder Digital Arts
Thanks for your interest in working with Boulder Digital Arts. We're always looking for folks who are passionate about what we're doing! Please see our current openings below and get in touch with us if you're interested. No phone calls or walk-ins, please!
Boulder Digital Arts is seeking a full-time permanent Operations Manager. Since 2004 we have been a community-based resource organization for creative professionals we offer a membership program, access to facilities, and low-cost and high-impact training programs in cutting-edge technology, with an emphasis on practical skills. Our programs cover all the creative arts, from photography to filmmaking to web/mobile development. Before applying, we encourage you to learn more about BDA at www.boulderdigitalarts.com.
BDA is a very small organization, so we all wear a lot of hats! Ideally, you're a really, really organized, self-managed, go-getter with a passion for all things digital and creative.
- Manager of BDA's 6,000 square foot facility and all day-to-day operations, maintenance and cleaning.
- Planning and coordinating logistics with our team and instructors for our 250+ events per year.
- Hiring/managing support staff, and organizing/supervising volunteers and interns if/when appropriate.
- Scheduling of all BDA classes and events.
- Online marketing of BDA's classes and events, including writing/posting daily social media, and writing/sending weekly email newsletter.
- Outreach to relevant local Meetups and community organizations/events.
- BDA website updates, using our custom content management platform (yes, we will train you!).
- Managing student's event registrations and payment plans.
- Extensive customer service, including in-person, phone, email and virtual.
- Excellent customer service and verbal/written communication skills.
- Absolute attention to detail.
- Some experience and a definite interest in the creative digital arts.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A positive and engaged "can-do" attitude with the ability to self-manage.
- Understanding of community-based marketing.
- Social media marketing experience.
- Experience and comfortability with modern communication technology and digital tools.
- Ability to work daytime and evening hours as needed, including occasional Saturdays and Sundays.
- High proficiency in writing and spelling using the English language.
Ideal candidates will have some (or all) of the following skills:
- Some experience managing a business or department.
- Some experience hiring and managing staff.
- Basic HTML skills.
- Basic knowledge of A/V (connecting computers with projectors).
- Some digital graphic design skills, including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Advanced skills using social media channels.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- The potential for prolonged sitting and standing.
- The ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional high stress when dealing with systems/customers.
- Requires occasional (approx. 5%) travel in the Boulder-metro area.
- Ability to perform tasks with sound mind and body.
- Ability to perform classroom and office maintenance tasks unassisted.
Compensation and Perks
- $30k to $32k annual salary, depending on experience. No healthcare benefits included. One-week paid time off per year.
- 4-Day work week (Monday - Thursday) with every Friday off.
- Flexible schedule and the ability to work from home when appropriate (no in-person responsibilities such as events).
- Ability to take free BDA classes & workshops to grow creatively and professionally.
To apply: Please send a short introduction and your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
BDA is currently looking for a part-time (5 to 10 hours a week) person to help out at our many events and classes. We're looking for a professional, reliable person with excellent customer service skills and, ideally, a digital arts background to join our team. The Operations Assistant works either a morning shift or evening shift as well as occasional weekend hours supporting BDA's students and instructors with various duties and classroom support. Ideal person would be comfortable working with Macs and PCs, have excellent attention to detail, some social media marketing experience, and - in a perfect world - some experience with Audio/Visual systems (projectors, laptops, etc)
Interested candidates should send their resume, along with a cover letter describing why they'd be the perfect person for this, to firstname.lastname@example.org.