Adobe Illustrator Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Create crisp, stunning vector graphics like a seasoned professional with Adobe Illustrator, a must-have for your graphic design toolkit! Illustrator is the industry-standard program for creating logos, graphics, posters, and digital artwork with clean lines and bold, solid colors or gradients, whether for print or web.
This in-depth but user-friendly class uses hands-on exercises to teach you Illustrator's core concepts and features. As the day progresses, you'll learn powerful tools for creating and manipulating digital illustrations.
What This Class Will Cover
- The difference between vector and raster graphics
- Using Layers to composite shapes into simple and complex graphics
- Using the pen tool and its variants
- Creating organic Bezier-curves
- Working with paths, strokes, and brushes
- Using the Gradient, Color, and Symbol panels
- Imaginative effects like the Symbol Sprayer Tool
- Transforming scanned drawings to vector art with Live Trace
- Bendable and dynamic text
- Organizing and saving your files
What To Expect
- This is a beginner-level, hands-on class that is perfect for those who are looking to get started with Adobe Illustrator!
You will need to bring along your own laptop. Please contact us if you would like to rent a BDA iMac for the day ($50).
Presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, but most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
Who Should Take This
Beginners and Newbies to the world of Adobe Illustrator who are looking to create digital graphics and designs. You should learn Illustrator if you want to create logos, posters, and other bold graphics, or use text in your designs.
Taking Getting Started with Adobe Illustrator as an overview is helpful, but not necessary.
Presented By Michael Coronado
Michael's work experience includes Creative Director of a museum, full-time instructor of a technical college, & freelance proprietor. His life experience includes husband, father, dog-owner, vintage motorcycle enthusiast and general curious tinkerer. As a designer, artist & teacher, Michael has grown to appreciate and love the building process. Seeing users interact with the finish product and "get it" is satisfying, and absorbing a concept, exploring options, then editing down to the most effective idea is a special process. Michael's clients, colleagues and students understand the concept of creating a mood and a culture behind an experience. Every brand develops a personality. Michael enjoys empowering others to learn how to define, mold or extract that personality, then broadcast it to the world. To learn more and see samples of his work, please visit www.coronadoartdesign.