Adobe Illustrator Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Create crisp, stunning vector graphics like a seasoned professional with Adobe Illustrator, a must-have for your graphic design toolkit! Illustrator is the industry-standard program for creating logos, graphics, posters, and digital artwork with clean lines and bold, solid colors or gradients, whether for print or web.
This in-depth but user-friendly class uses hands-on exercises to teach you Illustrator's core concepts and features. As the day progresses, you'll learn powerful tools for creating and manipulating digital illustrations.
What This Class Will Cover
- The difference between vector and raster graphics
- Using Layers to composite shapes into simple and complex graphics
- Using the pen tool and its variants
- Creating organic Bezier-curves
- Working with paths, strokes, and brushes
- Using the Gradient, Color, and Symbol panels
- Imaginative effects like the Symbol Sprayer Tool
- Transforming scanned drawings to vector art with Live Trace
- Bendable and dynamic text
- Organizing and saving your files
What To Expect
- This is a beginner-level, hands-on class that is perfect for those who are looking to get started with Adobe Illustrator!
This is a hands-on class where you'll "learn by doing" - therefore you'll need a computer (Mac or PC). If you need any particular software installed, that will be detailed below. Not all programs require special software so if there isn't any detailed listed below you will only need a computer with an up-to-date web browser.
If you would like to take your class work and sample projects home, please be sure to bring a Mac compatible portable drive with 4GB of free space.
Adobe Creative Cloud
This class will be presented from the latest version of the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you are using your own computer for the class, it is important that you have the latest version installed! Adobe offers a free 7-day trial of the Creative Cloud.
Presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, but most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
Who Should Take This
Beginners and Newbies to the world of Adobe Illustrator who are looking to create digital graphics and designs. You should learn Illustrator if you want to create logos, posters, and other bold graphics, or use text in your designs.
Taking Getting Started with Adobe Illustrator as an overview is helpful, but not necessary.
BDA Members: $179.00
Sorry, we don't have this event scheduled right now but we'll probably be adding it again soon! If you're interested in this event, we recommend using our follow feature to be notified the next time we add it to our schedule. You can also email us to request that we add it soon.
I think I finally understand how Illustrator thinks. Well presented, not too fast, not too slow. Basics covered well.RaynaRead All Comments