Modern Paid Search Certificate Program
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
All students who finish this program will receive a signed certificate of completion verifying their participation in the program.
Marketing has evolved. Online marketing is a MUST for all businesses including e-commerce websites, local businesses, and lead-generation companies. During this 5-day, interactive certificate program, you will learn both the basics of digital marketing as well as advanced methods of Search Engine Marketing (SEM/PPC/Paid Search) and how it interacts with other aspects of digital marketing including SEO, social media marketing, website development, email marketing and more. You can expect to come away with the expert knowledge of all things Paid Search, how to start, analyze and optimize Paid Search campaigns in Google Ads (Formerly AdWords). As a successful Marketer in 2020, it's no longer sufficient to just know how one channel works, so we will touch on how to think about SEM in relation to other digital marketing channels as well.
- To understand the basic concepts of Search Engine Marketing (PPC/Paid Search)
- To be able to setup your first campaign(s) and optimzie them in the future
- To know the best practices for PPC
- To network & learn from other marketers and industries
- To ask questions
- To understand how to critically think about SEM and digital marketing campaigns
- To understand the basics of all modern digital marketing channels and how they interact
- To leave with tools to make Google Ads work much easier and efficient
- Introduction - welcome to BDA
- Instructor background & brief class agenda
- introduction to digital marketing
- interactive - pop quiz on intro to digital marketing
- Deeper dive into digital marketing basics
- Strategies for businesses & digital marketing
in-class exercise: your turn, your business
- Intro to PPC
homework: activity campaign/adgroup structuring
- Refresh popquiz: intro to ppc
- Review homework - activity campaign/adgroup structuring
- Powerpoint - campaign types
Pop quiz: campaign types
- Finish powerpoint - campaign types
- Start keyword research
Activity - create campaign strategy
- Finish keyword research
Homework: activity keyword research
- Refresh pop quiz: keyword research
- Review homework - activity keyword research
- Powerpoint - google ads platform
Quiz: google ads platform Powerpoint - adwords editor
Activity - download adwords editor and create your first campaigns/adgroups to upload
Activity - upload first campaigns through editor
- Powerpoint - KPIs and Conversions
Homework: create your first conversion
- Refresh popquiz - conversions & KPIs
- Review homework - create your first conversion
- Powerpoint - bidding
- Quiz - bidding and evaluations
- Powerpoint - data analysis and tools
- Powerpoint - excel and adwords
Activity - google ads analysis and optimizations + excel
- Powerpoint - rules for analysis/optimizations
Homework: connect google analytics to your website
- Refresh popquiz: data analysis & optimizations
- Review homework: connect analytics
- Powerpoint - details details & best practices
Activity - finish anything you haven't finished yet
- Final questions and comments
- Discuss details of the zoom/skype recap call
A Few Months Later
Bonus! The instructor will schedule a Skype or Zoom approximately one month after the course ends to answer any follow-up questions that have come up for the attendees after running tehir own paid search campaigns. This is a great chance to share what you've learned or get particular questions answered.
Who Should Attend
If you are getting back into marketing after some time off, want to up your game as a current digital marketer, or become a freelance SEM contractor, this course is perfect for you. Know that we will focus on SEM best practices and you should come away with knowledge of where to start and how to make intelligent decisions going-forward with Google Ad campaigns. There is no one "right answer" for managing Google Ad accounts, but you will learn how to think with your business or clients in mind. Expect to learn for yourself as well as others in the class through their unique questions and insights, similar to a workshop format.
This is a great course to ask your manager to attend if you want to help with digital marketing, more effectively manage the agencies that run your digital campaigns, or of you want to move into a more modern marketing role within your company.
This is a hands-on class where you'll "learn by doing". Therefore you'll need a computer. If you need any particular software installed, that will be detailed below. Not all programs require special software so if there isn't any detailed listed below you will only need a computer with a up-to-date web browser. We always recommend that if you have one, that you bring your own computer if at all possible. However, if you need one, we have several Apple iMac workstations with all the necessary software that are available by reservation for only $20 per day. You can reserve a computer rental using this form but you must complete your registration first. In most cases, the class will be taught with the Macintosh version of the software but generally the only difference between the Mac and Windows version is the keyboard shortcuts, using the Command key on Mac and the Control key on Windows.
If you would like to take your class work and sample projects home, please be sure to bring a Mac compatible portable drive with 4GB of free space.
Reggie has worked for 3 digital marketing agencies and has marketed hundreds of websites. For 2 Years, she worked with the smartest PPC-Savants in Denver at a company called Metric Theory, working with both ecommerce and lead-gen companies/websites. She worked with companies ranging from selling doors, selling makeup and rentable gaming computers, to billing software and more. There she managed high budget campaigns, including $400K+ per month ecommerce revenue campaigns & total budgets of $500K+ per month at one time. The largest company she managed campaigns for had a $75K - $100K/month budget solely on Google/Bing and affiliate websites. She then worked with one of the largest digital marketing agencies in Colorado working with startups & SMBs. There, she learned what full-service digital marketing looks like - Facebook & Instagram ads, email marketing, CRM software, text message marketing, SEO, user experience (UX), and Web Design, among other things. She now works with her own clients and runs her company, Penta West, where it is her passion to help businesses succeed online!