The Business Ownership Journey
What You'll Learn
The Business Ownership Journey is a three day course taught by award-winning business owner Jessica Fialkovich, President & Co-Founder of Transworld Business Advisors - Rocky Mountain. This course addresses the entrepreneur's journey from ideation to implementation, and from growth to exit. Professionals taking this course will have the following takeaways:
- Identify the best path to business ownership for their strategic goals.
- Learn the main opportunities for growing a small business, and how to get there.
- Recognize the key value drivers of a small business.
- Understand how to build an exit into their business plan.
Day One: Becoming a Business Owner
I Want to Be an Entrepreneur
- Reasons to Become an Owner
- The Options for Entrepreneurship
- Starting Up a Business
- Buying a Business
- Buying a Franchise Business
- Launching a Business
- Key Aspects of a Business Plan
- Building Awareness & Marketing
Day Two: Growing a Business
- Organic Growth
- Growth Through Acquisition
- Maximizing the Value of a Business
- Key Small Business Resources
- Business Reaches Maturity
- Building an Exit into Your Business Plan
- Reasons for Exit
- Selling Your Business at Its Peak
Day Three: Exiting a Small Business
- Options for Exit
- Succession Planning
- Shutting Down the Business and Business Liquidation
- How to Prepare to Sell
- Identify Opportunities for Improvement with Key-Value Builders
- How to Sell a Business
- Do It Yourself
- Hire a Broker
Presented By Jessica Fialkovich
Jessica Fialkovich is a mergers and acquisitions expert, keynote speaker, small business advocate, and award-winning business owner whose mission it is to use her experience to educate small business owners. Over the past 6 years, Jessica has overseen more than 200 transactions and $65M million in deal flow, worked directly with over 700 business owners, and mentored over 1,900 business owners about buying and selling businesses. Jessica is currently the President and Co-Founder of Transworld Business Advisors - Rocky Mountain, the top business brokerage firm in Colorado. Inspired by her small-business owning grandparents, Jessica always knew she'd become an entrepreneur and began her first business at 25 years old, selling it at profit just 2.5 years later. In her free time, she can be found hiking in Aspen with her husband, Al, and her dog, Sailor, or jamming out to Bruce Springsteen! To learn more about Jessica, visit her website at jessicafialkovich.com.
BDA Members: $279.00