Important: All BDA Classes Are Now Online During the Covid-19 Pandemic
For the safety of our customers and instructors, all BDA classes our being held remotely (online) until it's safe to resume in-person classes. Classes will be continue to be taught by our same expert instructors and will be conducted live through Zoom allowing all students to interact with each other as well as the instructor at any time. In addition, a video recording of each class will be made available to all registered students after the class. Feel free to contact us at any time with questions.
This is one way BDA is adapting to this crisis while trying to help our community with affordable classes when so many of us are isolated at home. Also, as a small local business, we are looking for ways to survive this crisis and support our talented instructors for however long this lasts.
- All classes will continue to be taught live by our expert instructors, however most if not all classes will be held "remotely," meaning all students will participate from their home - no need to come into BDA!
- We'll be using Zoom to enable our remote classes. All students will be able to interact with each other and get any necessary help from the instructor. You'll be able to see the instructor's screen, and if necessary they'll be able to see yours and, if needed, control your screen remotely to assist you.
- In addition to the live class, we'll also provide you with a complimentary (free) Zoom recording after the class (available for download for 15 days).
- As in the past, all classes will have a minimum number of students to be held. If a class is cancelled we will let you know at least two days in advance and automatically issue you a full refund so there is no risk in registering early, and every registration helps ensure the class will be held.
- We'll be adding many 2 to 3 hour workshops, with registration fees starting at only $45.
- Our remote workshops are the perfect way to take advantage of this unique time of social distancing to learn in-demand digital skills quickly from experts.
BDA Remote Classes Frequently Asked Questions
BDA has always been on the cutting-edge of technology so we're well-prepared to offer our great classes in an INTERACTIVE online format - and since you can still (virtually) raise your hand and ask a question, it's just like being in the same room with the instructor! We want everyone to have equal access to our classes and workshops, so since we're all locked up in our homes anyway, now is the PERFECT time to learn some new skills - in the comfort of your own home!
What will your remote classes be like?
One of the great things about BDA classes is the ability to raise your hand and ask the instructor a question we're pleased to say that you'll still be able to do that during a BDA class - albeit virtually. Our expert instructors will continue to teach the classes "live" (these will NOT be recordings) so there will be plenty of opportunity for interaction between all the students with each other as well as with the instructor. Zoom offers high quality video of both the instructor as their teaching as well as their screen, and when necessary a white board. In addition, the instructor can request to "see" any student's screen to help you through any issues you might be experiencing during the learning process.
What will I need to attend?
To attend one of our live online classes, you'll need a computer (or tablet) that has sound and ideally a camera. We will be using Zoom for the classes so if you're using a tablet, please be sure to install the free Zoom app prior to the class. If you are taking a class where you're learning software, be sure to review the software requirements of that particular class (on the class page). In most cases you'll need the latest version of that software installed on your computer prior to the class as well.
Are the registration prices the same for remote classes?
You might notice that the registration fees on some of our online classes is lower than normal as we ramp up our remote options.
Can I get a refund for a class that I expected to be in-person but is now offered remotely?
We will do whatever we can to work with registrants but, as a small business in these strange times, we are are doing our best to simply survive. So, we ask that instead of a refund, to let us please give you a credit for the difference between the in-person and online tuition or to be moved into a future date of the same class. It would be much appreciated.
How long will your classes be remote only?
We wish we knew the answer to that one! Hopefully we will be back to our in-person classes as soon as possible. Fingers crossed!