Adobe Lightroom Classic CC Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Do you wish you had a firm grip on straightforward, powerful ways to process your digital photos so they look their best? Are you looking for efficient tools to organize your photos so they're easy to find? Then Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic CC and this class are for you.
Spend a full day learning what you need to know to enhance the appearance of your photos in Lightroom's Develop module and manage your photos in Lightroom's Library module. The instructor will provide you with practice photos and walk you through the essential steps for processing and managing digital photos in Lightroom.
This class will cover:
- Importing photos to a Lightroom catalog
- Techniques for organizing and finding photos
- Tonal adjustments
- Color corrections
- Local adjustments
- Sharpening and noise reduction
- Exporting corrected photos
- Since Adobe now bundles Lightroom with Photoshop in the Creative Cloud Photography Plan, this class can help clarify when and why you should take your photos from Lightroom into Photoshop. And when not to do so.
What To Expect
- There is only enough time for an overview of the Map, Book, Slideshow, Print, and Web Modules as the bulk of the class is spent on the most important modules: Library and Develop.
- Moving to Lightroom from other software solutions is a detailed and time-consuming task and this workshop does *not* cover how to do that in detail as the variations and individual needs are endless.
- BDA can provide an iMac for your use in this class. However, most Lightroom students generally already have Lightroom on their laptops and so they bring their own to class. So, IF you need to use a BDA iMac, you MUST let us know at least a day in advance. BDA iMacs are available on a limited basis.
An Important, Special Note About Adobe's New Names for Lightroom
If you are asking yourself, "which Lightroom do I want?", please read the following:
Adobe has recently updated, renamed and enhanced the Lightroom program world! Some of the details and names are confusing but essentially there is now a full mobile/cloud version for mobile devices, web browsers and desktop computers. While the original Lightroom for the desktop has been updated and enhanced. Here are the facts:
Lightroom CC (formerly known as Lightroom Mobile) is the cloud-native program for phones and pads. But now there are versions for web browsers and desktop Mac and Windows computers too. It stores everything in the cloud so you can access all of your photos from any point. It has been quite useful on our smart-phones but the desktop and web versions are new so their features are limited now. Many pundits think that this is the future and its feature set will continue to improve but full use will depend upon very fast (and dependable) internet access.
Lightroom Classic CC (formerly Lightroom CC - do you see the naming problem?!) is the latest version of the Lightroom we have been using on our desktop computers with its professional image editing and organization workflow. This new version has performance enhancements and other improvements. This is the next advancement of Lightroom CC 2015 and Lightroom 6. It stores all of your photos on your computer, as it always has.
If you're trying to figure out which Lightroom you need, contact us and our instructor (Steve Gandy) will help you figure it out. Please note that the $9.99/mo. Photography Plan gives the buyer Photoshop, Lightroom Classic CC, and Lightroom CC with 20GB of online storage. So, you can try them both out...you may end up using both for different parts of your workflow!
This information is subject to change :-) Please contact us with any questions!
Who Should Take This
Photographers with some digital photo processing experience will get the most out of this class, but it's not limited to experienced photographers. All the photo editing and cataloging features will be explained and used, so beginners will benefit as well! This class is for you if… - You've played around with any image editing or cataloging software a bit but need more in-depth training. - You want to move to Lightroom Classic from one of the other programs. - You want to start using a professional workflow for your digital images.
Presented By Steve Gandy
Steve Gandy is an educator, trainer, technology support professional and life-long photographer. Steve has introduced the ins-and-outs of digital photography to students young and old since 1995 and has been involved in education since 1978. His photography is varied but he focuses on nature, travel, and sports. Steve has contributed to training books and websites on Photoshop Elements, StarOffice/OpenOffice and other educational topics. He leads photographic tours to the southern Utah canyon lands.