An Evening with Android Jones
What You'll Learn
On March 31st, 2015, Boulder Digital Arts presented an evening with the internationally known artist Artist Android Jones. This video captures that evening as Android presented in-person demos of his digital creations, discussed his process and answered questions about what it's like being an artist in today's society - especially one who strictly uses a digital medium.
Presented By Android Jones
Android Jones' pictorial work is one strain of a larger project that he calls "Electro-Mineralist Art." Moving "beyond the traditional organic vegetable and animal technologies of pencils, ink, and brushes", Android takes up emergent technologies that are crystalline, metallic, electronic and digital in their materiality and aesthetic feel, implicating a historical scheme that echoes the integral view of planetary evolution from physiosphere to biosphere to noosphere to theosphere where the techno-media of exhibition artworks have been by and large, as the artist says, bound to or associated with the biologic. Android is classically trained in academic drawing and painting and this traditional art background is the foundation through which he bridges the knowledge of the past and brings it into the future.
The content of these marvelous works ranges vastly from the kosmic to the micro, from tantric beloved to sacred civics, from expansions of consciousness to reconfigurations of our three bodies. The pictorial syntax is at the very least proper to a teal register a collage mode descending from synthetic cubism. Subtle radiance and causal voids abound throughout.
Honoring the history of art, the mystical projects of the later Dali come to mind, Android taps into pre-modern, modernist, and post-modernist aesthetic idioms, advancing an Electro-Mineralist Art as Integral Alchemy.
We're sure our programs are awesome! If you don't think you got your money's worth, we'll give you a full refund within 30 days of your purchase. So, get going today - risk free!
Why Our Videos Are So Awesome
- Practical: Learn practical skills quickly from industry pros that you can apply right away.
- Incredible Content: Videos range from 10 minutes to 3 hours with detailed chapters and all the class materials (when available).
- Flexible: Learn at your own pace anywhere. Stream our videos to your computer or mobile device or download them to use offline on your commute to work.
- Lifetime Access: Whether you download the program or prefer to stream it from our website, your access to the videos never expires like a subscription program would.
- Proven: BDA has been educating creative pros for nearly ten years in Boulder and now you can join us wherever you are! Welcome to Boulder!
- Value: Get exactly what you need - when you need it - at a super low price. No ongoing subscription fees, no commitments, instant purchase and instant learning.
- Quality: All BDA videos are professionally produced with high definition video and great sound.