Craft of Filmmaking - February 2016 Digital Salon
What You'll Learn
A recording of our February 2016 Digital Salon. This event was held on February 18th, 2016.
Several of the area's most prolific video professionals will be discussing what makes compelling videos, whether they're corporate videos, documentaries, or feature films. They're sure to talk about:
- Storytelling Tips
- How to Develop A Compelling Aesthetic
- How to Hone Your Craft
- How to help your client be "more" creative, and turn their dry, boring video into something that would be fun to work on and something you can be proud of!
Madeleine Pollak is the Executive Producer of Pollak Productions, Inc, which she founded in Boulder 8 years ago. She is a six-time Emmy Award-winning producer, writer and director, who has worked on a diverse range of TV programming including: Oprah Winfrey Network, The Discovery Channel, National Geographic, TLC, Dr. Phil for CBS, HGTV, among many others. She has also worked with major corporate clients such as The US Olympic Committee, American Express, Visa, PayPal, Crocs, Coors, Microsoft, Oracle, Bank of America, and many more. Madeleine has also written, directed, acted, and coached for live stage and has appeared on camera.
Lowel Pierce has over 35 years in the film and video production world, has done a little of everything and enjoyed the variety. A Colorado native and graduate of CSU in Technical Journalism, Lowel has worked as a TV news photographer, a cinematographer in Saudi Arabia, a partner in a video production company. As both one-man-band and freelance Director of Photography for 22 years, Lowel has worked on indie features, shorts, documentaries, TV commercials, and high-end corporate productions earning a CINE Golden Eagle, Heartland Emmies, and Videographer Awards of Distinction.
Mike Scalisi of Triple Threat Digital is a skilled editor, director and motion graphics artist with over 8 years of professional experience creating everything from corporate videos to broadcast television series to feature length documentaries. In 2009 he worked as an editor and motion graphics artist on the Academy Award winning documentary "The Cove" which was produced right here in Boulder. Mike works daily with Adobe creative apps such as After Effects , Photoshop, and Premiere as well as Apple's Final Cut Studio to create visually stunning videos for local and international clients.
Dana Romanoff is an award-winning photographer and multimedia producer using art as activism to raise awareness of key issues in society. Her clients include National Geographic Society, The Women - s Foundation of Colorado, LifeQuest Transitions, Reportage-by-Getty Images, The New York times and numerous other editorial, commercial and humanitarian-aid organizations. Dana's work is published and exhibited around the globe and she has received numerous international recognition including the 2011 Blue Earth Alliance Award, shortlist for the 2010 Anthropographia Multimedia and Human Rights Award, and was part of a team of reporters awarded finalist for a Gold Medal Pulitzer Prize in Public Service.
Amy Marquis is a full-time editor on National Parks Magazine. Amy is also the founder and editor of The Digital Naturalist, a blog dedicated to improving advocacy videos. Last fall, she spent six weeks on assignment for the National Parks Conservation Association producing and directing two short films about Yosemite National Park. She is the co-director and co-producer of the National Park Experience Film Series.
Presented By Multiple Instructors
We're sure our programs are awesome! If you don't think you got your money's worth, we'll give you a full refund within 30 days of your purchase. So, get going today - risk free!
Why Our Videos Are So Awesome
- Practical: Learn practical skills quickly from industry pros that you can apply right away.
- Incredible Content: Videos range from 10 minutes to 3 hours with detailed chapters and all the class materials (when available).
- Flexible: Learn at your own pace anywhere. Stream our videos to your computer or mobile device or download them to use offline on your commute to work.
- Lifetime Access: Whether you download the program or prefer to stream it from our website, your access to the videos never expires like a subscription program would.
- Proven: BDA has been educating creative pros for nearly ten years in Boulder and now you can join us wherever you are! Welcome to Boulder!
- Value: Get exactly what you need - when you need it - at a super low price. No ongoing subscription fees, no commitments, instant purchase and instant learning.
- Quality: All BDA videos are professionally produced with high definition video and great sound.