Downtown Boulder Short Film Festival - Call for Entries
Downtown Boulder and the Boulder County Film Commission invite filmmakers of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities to submit their work for consideration, and if selected, to be featured at the 1st Annual Downtown Boulder Short Film Festival on Thursday July 13th! Join us for a night under the stars as we showcase local films to the Boulder community, followed by a Q& A with the filmmakers - selected filmmakers will each receive a small stipend of $75!
To submit your film, please fill out this online form!
Official Rules, Terms, and Conditions:
1. All submissions must be submitted via our online form, one form per entry.
2. The short film can be based on any subject or concept, but should have "something" to do with Boulder!
3. The short film can be in any language.
4. To ensure a family-friendly event, all films must be acceptable for a PG audience.
5. The total runtime of the Short Film, including opening & closing credits, should be no longer than 20 minutes.
6. Entries for the Downtown Boulder Short Film Festival are open to everyone. Participants under the legal age must have their parent, guardian, or caretaker approval.
7. ALL content used in the short film must be either owned or licensed. If any copyrighted material is used in the film, the participant MUST have the copyright owner's permission. By entering your film and filling out the entry form, you represent and warrant that you are the owner or authorized representative of the film being submitted, and that you have all necessary rights and authority to submit the film to the festival.
8. The final deadline for submissions is May 31 at midnight.
9. Short films must be uploaded in their highest quality to either YouTube or Vimeo.
10. There is a maximum of three entries per person.
11. There is no entry Fee.
12. If your film is selected, you will receive a notification email from the festival and you will have 48 hours to confirm your acceptance.
13. The Downtown Boulder Short Film Festival 2023 will be held as an in-person event taking place at 8:30pm in downtown Boulder on July 13, 2023 - outdoors at 16th and Pearl Street. The screening of all officially-selected short films will be held then.
14. Downtown Boulder and the Boulder County Film Commission reserve the right to copy or use the material submitted by the participants in any form, online or offline, for their promotional and archival purposes. Please note that your entire short film will never be shared with anyone or uploaded online without your permission. We understand that filmmakers want to keep their films private, and we will honor that.
15. By submitting your film, you confirm that you have read and accepted these Rules, Terms and Conditions.
16. The short films that are selected for final screening will not be allowed to withdraw under any circumstances until the festival is over.
17. Judges will be comprised of staff and volunteers of Downtown Boulder and the Boulder County Film Commission. Judges' decision will be final and binding.
18. If absolutely necessary, Downtown Boulder and the Boulder County Film Commission reserve the right to change/modify/alter any rule listed here, or its part, at anytime.
We look forward to seeing your submissions - selected filmmakers will each receive a small stipend of $75!
Selected films will show at the 1st Annual Downtown Boulder Short Film Festival! The festival is free and open to the public, and will be held on Thursday evening July 13 starting at 8:30pm - the event will take place outdoors on 16th street, on the north side of Pearl Street (between Pearl and Spruce).
Sorry, we don't have this event scheduled right now but we'll probably be adding it again soon! If you're interested in this event, we recommend using our follow feature to be notified the next time we add it to our schedule. You can also email us to request that we add it soon.