What You'll Learn
Mastering web design means really knowing how to use Cascading Style Sheets to display content, but it doesn't have to be scary! This two-night workshop will remove the mysteries, answer your questions, and put CSS into perspective through real-world examples.
Even with visual editors like Dreamweaver or WordPress, understanding CSS is essential for customizing layout and appearance. We'll examine the anatomy and syntax of CSS code and show you how to use it effectively to control fonts, backgrounds, borders, positioning, and more, to create an elegant and powerful design.
This workshop will cover:
- CSS syntax
- CSS selectors such as: tag, ID, class, and pseudo-classes
- Writing CSS styles and applying them to HTML
- Internal vs. external style sheets vs. inline styles
- Customizing text
- The role of the < div> tag
- Using background images and Sprites
- Positioning site elements with CSS: absolute positioning and floats
- Best practices for writing CSS
- Six major concepts that tie everything together
Please note:This workshop takes place on two nights, and both nights are covered in the tuition. This is NOT a Dreamweaver class. You MUST have a solid grasp of HTML to take this workshop!
Also, please note this is a TWO evening class, 6pm - 9pm each evening.
Who Should Take This
Aspiring web designers who are comfortable writing HTML by hand and have a grasp of CSS basics but still find it daunting.
Presented By Brian Shaffer