Adobe Premiere Pro Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Video. The world seems to be all about video these day, but shooting alone does not create a masterpiece. Learning the eye and techniques of video editing is needed. Editing is deciding what stays vs. what goes. It's building a product that really gets across that "oh so important" message. Adobe Premiere Pro is an editing software for professionals. It allows you to cut and paste, pick and choose, assemble, fine tune and polish all the clips you worked so hard to capture.
This one-day, hands-on intensive will cover:
- Input - pulling your video or "media" from the source to a hard drive
- Organization - starting/opening a Premiere Pro project, organizing your unedited material and prepping for editing
- Interface - a quick tour and rehash of the Premiere Pro User interface including the tools and the many panels
- Basic edits - how to separate the good from the not-so-good parts of a shot and how to assemble them into a sequence that will be your final "movie"
- Audio - how to recognize and adjust the audio for your needs
- Fine Tuning - how to clean up your rough edit into a polished product
- Effects - an overview of Premiere Pro offered effects and titles
- Output - prepping your piece for export out of Premiere Pro for multiple sources
It's going to be a jam-packed day of software operation and process skill-training, giving you the tools you'll need to put the pieces together for a professional polished look at the end.
Since Premiere Pro CC is built to integrate seamlessly with the Adobe Creative Suite, having prior knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, or previous editions of Premiere is helpful but not necessary.
Though presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
This is a hands-on class where you'll "learn by doing" - therefore you'll need a computer (Mac or PC). If you need any particular software installed, that will be detailed below. Not all programs require special software so if there isn't any detailed listed below you will only need a computer with an up-to-date web browser.
If you would like to take your class work and sample projects home, please be sure to bring a Mac compatible portable drive with 4GB of free space.
Adobe Creative Cloud
This class will be presented from the latest version of the Adobe Creative Cloud. If you are using your own computer for the class, it is important that you have the latest version installed! Adobe offers a free 7-day trial of the Creative Cloud.
Who Should Take This
If you’re a video editing enthusiast, this class is a perfect starting point. You’ll get a hands-on, in-person experience and learn how to create your own compilations for mini-movies, business promos or something for that important cause you’re always thinking about. As a beginner’s course, having prior Premiere Pro experience is NOT necessary but always helpful.
Presented By Michael Scalisi
Mike Scalisi of Pixel Mill Studios is a skilled editor, director and motion graphics artist with over 8 years of professional experience creating everything from corporate videos to broadcast television series to feature length documentaries. In 2009 he worked as an editor and motion graphics artist on the Academy Award winning documentary "The Cove" which was produced right here in Boulder. Mike works daily with Adobe creative apps such as After Effects , Photoshop, and Premiere as well as Apple's Final Cut Studio to create visually stunning videos for local and international clients.