BDA offers a formal video internship program as a way for people in the BDA community and those learning video production at Boulder Digital Arts to gain valuable real-world experience while building their portfolios by working on a variety of BDA productions.
The internship begins with a roughly one-month process of "onboarding" and training. Training sessions are held twice a week for two hours each (total of 20 hours). The training program covers the entire video production process from pre-production through editing (post-production). Along the way you'll learn how to operate all our equipment including video cameras, lighting, our Sling Studio live production system, microphones and audio mixers, Adobe Premiere and more.
Once you're trained, we ask for a continued commitment of 5 months for a total commitment of 6 months. However, you can choose to stay on the BDA Productions crew for as long as you want.
How To Apply
We hold four "onboarding" processes each year (once per quarter). So, if you're interested in participating in the internship program please apply with the button below and choose which onboarding time works best for you.
- Winter Onboarding: January
- Spring Onboarding: April
- Summer Onboarding: June
- Fall Onboarding: September
- Extensive training provided to become a better videographer and editor.
- Learn how to live stream events with a multi-camera production system.
- Gain experience, practical skills and add to your video production portfolio of work.
- Use cutting-edge technology.
- Work on real-world productions with a crew of other interns and professionals.
- Receive training to be able to do all the "Responsibilities" listed below.
- Earn free classes at BDA.
- Training on and practicing with our video equipment to obtain intermediate skill level as a video shooter and editor.
- Planning, setting up and tearing down video production gear for BDA productions.
- Pre-production and location scouting at a variety of Boulder-area venues/shoot locations.
- Crewing in a variety of roles (videographer, technical director, editor, producer, etc.) for a BDA procutions at various Boulder-area locations.
- Basic video and audio editing in Adobe Premiere.
- Encoding/exporting completed programs to various CDNs for delivery including uploading to various partner YouTube channels.
- Working with our content partners to arrange and coordinate productions.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively engage and coordinate with our content partners.
- Keen interest in professional video production and filmmaking with a drive to grow your experience and skill.
- Professional attitude and self-motivated, with the ability to work independently and under pressure when necessary.
- Some demonstrated experience in operating a video camera, including manually setting proper exposure, composition, and exposure or a completion of a relevant BDA certificate program.
- Ability to learn and retain technical skills and information.
- Positive attitude.
- Flexible schedule including the ability to crew shoots that are scheduled during nights and weekends.