Introduction to DSLR Video
What You'll Learn
Shooting video with a DSLR camera is one of the easiest and most affordable ways to create high-quality video. These new cameras created a firestorm in the video production world with their ability to shoot footage similar to that of 35mm motion-picture film.
In this three-hour workshop, we will cover everything you need to start shooting video with DSLR cameras. We'll discuss the accessories needed to use the camera for cinema and production-style shooting, and create a mini-studio in the classroom to see how a DSLR responds in real time to lighting and camera settings. This workshop will also prepare you for the hands-on Intermediate DSLR Video class, for more in-depth training!
This workshop will cover:
- Still photography vs. video photography
- Getting the shallow depth of field, "cinematic look"
- How shutter speed, f-stop, and ISO affects video footage
- Pros and cons of these cameras and why you might choose them for certain types of projects and not others
- Some very important "gotchas" in capturing video footage with still cameras and lenses
- The basic workflow to be able to edit this footage in Adobe, Avid, or Apple NLE's.
- Extra gear and accessories for shooting cinema-style with an entry-level or medium-sized budget
- Fundamentals of audio and shooting dual-system sound
- What to consider when purchasing a DSLR for video production
Who Should Take This
Videographers and photographers who have never shot DSLR video before, or who have only done a little and feel completely lost! Familiarity with video and photo terminology is helpful.
Presented By Brian Brown
Brian Brown has owned his own full-service video, audio, and motion-graphics production business, BrownCow Productions, since 2004. A "one-man show," he scripts, produces, shoots, and edits all of his own content. He regularly creates video and audio for the web, broadcast television, large events, and in-house corporate training. He also dabbles in composing his own songs. Brian is a daily user of Adobe's Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop applications, as well as Steinberg's Cubase.
BDA Members: $79.00
Sorry, we don't have this event scheduled right now but we'll probably be adding it again soon! If you're interested in this event, we recommend using our follow feature to be notified the next time we add it to our schedule. You can also email us to request that we add it soon.
Extremely helpful!NikkiRead All Comments