Improving Your WordPress SEO
What You'll Learn
In this unique 2-night, 6-hour workshop you'll learn by doing and leave the workshops having started the process of search engine optimizing your WordPress-powered website or blog. Along the way you'll learn how to use SEO plugins to optimize your WordPress site's post and page content and maximize your content's visibility on the web.
In this workshop you'll will learn how to:
- Use an SEO plugin and built-in WordPress features to optimize each page and post on your WordPress site
- Set the home page title and meta description for your site
- Generate an XML sitemap (list of all your page content) and submit it to Google Webmater Tools
- Connect your site to Google Analytics, so you can start tracking your stats
- Connect your site to Google Plus and other social networks
- Self-hosted WordPress.org site (not WordPress.com)
- A laptop to bring to class (or you have the option of renting one of our iMACs for $50 for the class).
- The latest version of WordPress installed (and the administrative access to the site)
- If you are already signed up for Google Analytics and/or Google Webmaster Tools, bring your login access to those accounts
Who Should Take This
People who need to do more with their WordPress site but aren't ready to write code just yet. You must have a site set up and ready in WordPress.org.
If you don't really know how to edit basic content in your WordPress site, take WordPress for Beginners - How to Run Your Own Site/Blog first.
Presented By Angela Bowman
Angela Bowman of MoonGooseDesigns.com and AskWPGirl.com has been involved with internet technologies since 1996 when she became a member of the online tech support team at Quark, Inc. After learning about WordPress at BDA, she became a full-time WordPress guru, serving individuals and small-to medium-size organizations. She stretches the boundaries of WordPress by making extensive use of its built-in features combined with judicious use of plugins and creative CSS. Angela will help you think outside the blog box by helping you understand the nuts and bolts of WordPress and to endlessly customize your WP themes.