Adobe Photoshop Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Create stunning, layered compositions like a seasoned professional with Adobe Photoshop, a must-have for your digital design toolkit! Photoshop is the industry standard for color correcting and manipulating photos, crafting marketing materials such as posters and flyers, and producing digital graphics for print, web, and even video!
This in-depth but user-friendly class delivers hands-on exercises to teach you Photoshop's core concepts and features. As the day progresses, you'll learn powerful techniques for non-destructive editing while generating many different types of layered compositions.
This class will cover:
- The difference between vector and raster graphics
- Efficient use of layers to composite photographic and other raster images
- Extracting objects from a background by using editable layer masks
- Applying adjustment layers to color correct and enhance digital assets
- Using guides for type and layout graphics
- Employing smart filters, blending modes, digital painting techniques as well as other special effects into your workflow
- Exploring the timeline for animated graphics
- Using the pen tool and its variants to create crisp, clean vector
- Organizing and saving your files
Presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, but most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
Who Should Take This
Anyone who wants to deal with pixel-based graphics more efficiently, or learn how to work non-destructively on various graphic design projects. You should learn Photoshop if you want to manipulate digital photographs, create marketing materials, digital illustrations, or use special effects in your own designs.
Presented By Wes Price
Wes Price has over 13 years experience producing illustration and animation for national and community organizations. His clients have included New Life Cinema, Warner Brothers, Buena Vista Games, Simon & Goodman Picture Company and National Geographic. As a board member for ASIFA-Colorado, the local chapter of the International Animated Film Society, he was instrumental in delivering the Animation Station workshops during the 2008 and 2009 Denver International Film Festivals. Wes is a lifelong student of anatomy and holds an MS in Medical Illustration and Animation from the Medical College of Georgia.
BDA Members: $249.00
Early Registration Discount Applied
You will save $10.00 by registering before midnight on 2/3/2015. Applies to the next scheduled date only.
Great overview of Photoshop, the instructor let us drive the class.DarrenRead All Comments