Adobe Photoshop Hands-On
What You'll Learn
Create stunning, layered compositions like a seasoned professional with Adobe Photoshop, a must-have for your digital design toolkit! Photoshop is the industry standard for color correcting and manipulating photos, crafting marketing materials such as posters and flyers, and producing digital graphics for print, web, and even video!
This in-depth but user-friendly class delivers hands-on exercises to teach you Photoshop's core concepts and features. As the day progresses, you'll learn powerful techniques for non-destructive editing while generating many different types of layered compositions.
This class will cover:
- The difference between vector and raster graphics
- Efficient use of layers to composite photographic and other raster images
- Extracting objects from a background by using editable layer masks
- Applying adjustment layers to color correct and enhance digital assets
- Using guides for type and layout graphics
- Employing smart filters, blending modes, digital painting techniques as well as other special effects into your workflow
- Exploring the timeline for animated graphics
- Using the pen tool and its variants to create crisp, clean vector
- Organizing and saving your files
Presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, but most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
What to Expect
- This is a beginner-level, hands-on course that is perfect for those who are looking to get started with Adobe Photoshop.
- As Photoshop is a broad program, this class is *not* designed specifically to address the needs of photographers, though the instructor will touch on many tools a photographer would use. This class is designed for a wider audience who needs to use Photoshop for a variety of production tasks. Many of the in-class examples are presented from this multi-use angle. However, the instructor does wish to make clear that *all* tools/processes presented can *also* be used for photography, web, and other purposes and not simply for the uses/techniques they are presented in.
- BDA *does* host an Adobe Photoshop class JUST for photographers that you can learn more about and register for here.
Who Should Take This
Anyone who wants to deal with pixel-based graphics more efficiently, or learn how to work non-destructively on various graphic design projects. You should learn Photoshop if you want to manipulate digital photographs, create marketing materials, digital illustrations, or use special effects in your own designs. This class is *not* specific towards just photographers, but is open to any digital artist looking to utilize Photoshop's powerful and multi-functional tools.
Presented By Wes Price
Wes Price has over 19 years professional experience producing illustrations and animations with a track record of extraordinary results for more than 20 national and community-based organizations. Expertise in anatomy and physiology illustrations for magazine, textbook and animated teaching modules. Awarded a Master of Science degree in Medical Illustration by the Medical College of Georgia, one of only four accredited graduate programs of its kind across North America. Wes received his Certification in Medical Illustration in 2011 and is one of approximately 250 Certified Medical Illustrators in the world. Currently, Wes is a full-time faculty member and Associate Professor teaching within the Media Arts Department at the Art Institute of Colorado.
BDA Members: $249.00
Early Registration Discount Applied
You will save $10.00 by registering before midnight on 2/3/2015. Applies to the next scheduled date only.
Good overview of Photoshop, very helpful. Tim was great!AndyRead All Comments