Getting Started with Adobe Photoshop
What You'll Learn
If you want to enhance your photos and create fantastic designs with Adobe Photoshop, start here! This class is a general introduction to what you need to know to get started using Photoshop.
We'll begin with a look at the interface and learn some basic Photoshop skills, like working efficiently with Photoshop's tools, undoing mistakes, and saving in different file formats. We'll cover how to work with Layers and why they're so important. And we'll introduce how and when to use selections. You'll leave this class with the basics under your belt, so that you can confidently move on to learn more specific applications of Photoshop to your photography or design work.
- The Photoshop interface
- Undoing mistakes & saving
- Choosing a file format
- Image resizing
- Intro to photo editing
- Why select
- The most useful selection tools
- Why layers are so important
- Working with the Layers panel
- Building a layered file
- Combining images
Presented in Adobe Creative Cloud, but most of what is taught will apply to earlier versions of the program.
What to Expect
- As this is a beginner's level workshop, it will not cover advanced Photoshop techniques like creating 3D designs, working with video and other more intermediate and pro actions.
- As a lecture-style workshop, we do not encourage bringing your computer to "follow along" in the Photoshop program as there is no time to help with individual navigate via their own computers.
- Moving to Photoshop from other software solutions is a detailed and time consuming task and this workshop does *not* cover how to do that in detail as the variations and individual needs are endless.
Who Should Take This
Anyone who wants to use Photoshop to edit photos or create graphics for print or the web. If you've never used Photoshop, OR if you've played with Photoshop a little and gotten thoroughly confused, this workshop will make everything clear!
Hobbyist or amateur photographers with Photoshop Elements should take Getting Started with Photoshop Elements instead.
Presented By Steve Gandy
Steve Gandy is an educator, trainer, technology support professional and life-long photographer. Steve has introduced the ins-and-outs of digital photography to students young and old since 1995 and has been involved in education since 1978. His photography is varied but he focuses on nature, travel, and sports. Steve has contributed to training books and websites on Photoshop Elements, StarOffice/OpenOffice and other educational topics. He leads photographic tours to the southern Utah canyon lands.
BDA Members: $59.00
Early Registration Discount Applied
You will save $10.00 by registering before midnight on 2/14/2015. Applies to the next scheduled date only.
Organized just as I needed it, Jan was enthusiastic, entertaining, and organized.ReedRead All Comments